Help for Mentoring & Coaching Program Leaders:
Let Barry Mentor YOU!
Return to the "Ways I Can Help" page
- Are you a leader of a mentoring, coaching, or induction program?
- Are you facing challenges for which you do not feel prepared?
- Have you recently assumed new responsibilities?
- Maybe you just want to be sure your efforts are effective & lead to desired results?
- Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed or isolated?
If any of these apply to you, then you deserve special, very targeted assistance, and Barry Sweeny is just the person to help you.
What specifically can Barry do to help you?
Barry Sweeny can provide the completely unique form of CUSTOM, INDIVIDUALIZED HELP you need in 2 ways:
How might Barry Sweeny help you? Basically, any way you feel is needed. His help could include:
- Data collection to help you make more informed decisions
- Analysis of your job description, required competencies, strategic plans, or other expectations
- Analysis of your performance appraisal and recommendations for improvements
- Analysis of the challenges & problems in your work
- Consulting , planning, or problem solving
- Detailed, practical, expert, time-tested advice for any questions you have
- Critiques and suggestions of plans & documents you have drafted (limit 20 pages)
- Emotional support and encouragement for your professional "journey"
- Technical support and advice
- Personal, confidential mentoring & coaching for your career
- Facilitation of your own reflection and self-assessment regarding your skills and professional growth needs
- Goal setting and action planning
- Alignment of your individual goals & plans with organizational goals & mission
A. Individual mentoring & coaching at your site, for your OWN success!
Sometimes, the very best way to access help is for Barry to come to your site for face-to-face, on-the-job interaction. Therefore, in addition to the assistance suggested above, Barry can also provide:
- Job shadowing & other forms of observation & assessment, and then coaching
- Guidance for planning and other forms of response development
- Conversations with you and other relevant persons
- Teaching you specific skills and supporting your practice to develop mastery.
- Other possibilities? Ask Barry.
This on-site assistance is the most intense and productive form of support available. For this work Barry charges $750 a day, plus his expenses. If more than 3 days are contracted, discounts will be offered.
B. Remote expert help without the travel and related expenses.
For only $425, you can place Barry Sweeny on a "retainer" and you can access his expert assistance:
- An unlimited number of times for a year!
- As often as you need from 8 AM to 10 PM
- For as long as you need each time
- Through email or the phone.
Click here to see Barry's resume of experiences and why he can help address your needs.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1. CALL Barry at (cell) 630-842-2991 or (H) 630-668-2605 or him and explain the kind of help you want.
2. Negotiate the "retainer" or a contract for on-site work, exchange contact information, and plan your first session together.
3. If you want Barry on "retainer":
- Send Barry a check or purchase order for $425 made out to Best Practice Resources.
- Barry will call you to initiate the process. The day of that contact is the first day of the year of assistance you have purchased.
- Elsewhere on this website you can access Barry's program leader publications or others' free resources.
- You can also go to the book store on the Skylight web site and order Barry's book, "Leading the Teacher Mentoring & Induction Program".
Return to TOP