Organizations Involved in Mentoring
- Return to Mentoring Information Categories List -
- The ASCD Mentoring Leadership and Resource Network Home Page
- The Nat'l Bd. of Professional Tchg Standards
Best Practice Resources Home Page - The biggest collection of Induction ideas & links available
The Illinois Teacher Mentoring and Induction Network, Find out what's happening in Illinois.
- Recruiting New Teachers, an organization that really helps
Association of Teacher Educators (ATE)
- ATE Teacher Induction Special Interest Group. A list of all their SIGs, including the Teacher Induction SIG, and who to contact. At- http://www.siu.edu/departments/coe/ate/ate_sigs.html
National Staff Development Council -NSDC has 36 state and provincial affiliates which provide local support to staff developers which can be accessed by clicking the link.
- NSDC Academy for Staff Developers. This Academy is a two year professional development and support process for newer staff developers who are or become members of NSDC. A part of the academy is assigment of a mentor to the participant to support the participant's professional growth and to provide technical assistance to help the participant in achieving goals written during the Academy. For information, contact NSDC.
The Mentoring Applications Network. This network is sponsored by NSDC and is a group that meets at the annual NSDC conference under the leadership of Ray Dagenais. Contact Ray at 3775 Knight's Bridge Court, Aurora, Illinois 60504, or phone (630) 907-5990, or by email at
- The Clinical Schools Clearinghouse (ERIC). Contact Ismat Abdal-Haqq, Coordinator, through his e-mail at the ERIC Clearinghouse on Teaching and Teacher Education. The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. One DuPont Circle NW, Suite 610, Washington D.C. 20036, Phone (202) 293-2450 and FAX (202) 457-8095. Information includes clinical schools, professional development schools, and professional practice schools.
- Kappa Delta Pi (KDP). KDP is an international honor society in education which has undertaken as part of its work, the support of beginning teachers. They do so through their journal, The Record, brochures specific to mentoring and induction, videos, and the quarterly newsletter The New Teacher Advocate. which can be accessed at www.csuchico.edu/kdp/New_Teacher.html. Contact KDP at P.O. Box A, West Lafayette, IN 47906-0576, or call 800-284-3167. Fax is (317) 743-2202 or send e-mail to [email protected]
You may copy and distribute this paper as long as you do so for free and maintain the following credits:
- © by Barry Sweeny, Best Practice Resources
- 26 W 413 Grand Ave. Wheaton, IL 60187 (630) 668-2605, E-mail [email protected]
- Web site at <http://www.teachermentors.com>.